Thursday, September 24, 2015

Rough

The streak of great September fishing ended for me today. It ended for one reason, rough water. I went to Narragansett last evening. The water was rough and many places it was dirty. However, right before dark I hooked two schoolies and a small keeper. 

I went back first thing this morning. I knew the water would be even rougher thanks to persistent winds and an offshore storm. None the less, I felt confident I'd find fish. I snagged some bait last night while fishing. So I thought if there was bait in the rough water, I'd surely find fish.

No such luck. I fished eight hours today. I saw a couple albies and had one striper blow up on and miss my Kastmaster XL. I tried five different spots multiple times. Except for one spot, I never saw any bait. Oh well, can't win them all. The bad news is that the offshore storm is probably going to shut down the fishing for the next week. Guess that means I'll be birding

No comments:

Post a Comment