Friday, September 25, 2015

Got One

As I noted yesterday, the water in southern Rhode Island is kicked up big time thanks to a persistent northeast wind. As I said I would, I went birding in the morning. Instead of taking the long drive to Parker River, I chose the thirty minute shorter route to Trustom Pond. I ran into some of the best birders in Rhode Island and tagged along. Birding was okay, as we didn't see too many birds and nothing out of the ordinary.

It was still early when I left Trustom. I decided to head home via the Narragansett route. I knew the water would be a mess but couldn't help myself. At noon time I was the only person fishing any of the avenues or at Galilee. I was rewarded for my effort. I caught one schoolie, I got it on a float and a bucktail jig fished in the suds. Not a big fish, but a reward none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment