Sunday, July 19, 2015

Noon Hill Summer Edition

Over the early part of the winter I hiked a bunch of locations near the Charles River in the Millis- Medway area. I very much enjoyed these hikes. The one problem was that in December everything is dormant. I knew that I wanted to get back to some of these locations after the heat of summer slowed down the fishing.

So last week DJ and I went to Noon Hill. This property is one owned by the Trustees of the Reservation. It is a hike I did in December before the thick snow came. DJ and I got to the parking area about 6:30. This gave us about two hours to hike. Him being in great shape and myself in okay shape, we easily did four or five miles and returned with a little time to spare before dark. This property has a nice hill with a view towards Gillette Stadium. That was our first priority.

From there we did kind of a big circle of the land following parts of three trails. Besides the hill, the other highlight is a trail around a pond. The pond is only a hundred feet from the parking area. For us it was the last part of our hike. Walking around the pond listening to bullfrogs croak was a nice way to end the hike.

On our drive home we came across some deer in a field. There was a six point buck eating at sunset.













No comments:

Post a Comment