Wednesday, May 13, 2015

I wasn't going fishing tonight

Being out every night after four very long days at work had taken its toll. I was tired. I passed out on my couch when I got home from work. An hour later, I got a text from my friend Tom asking me if I was going fishing tonight. I hadn't planned on it. The wind was cold and a cold front come through. It was a perfect night to take a day off. Tom had asked me a couple times this year to go fishing. We just hadn't met up yet.

Since I clearly wasn't doing anything and I had not seen my friend in months, I decided to go. I didn't really expect to catch anything. I figured we would shoot the breeze. Tom is hilarious. The worst case scenario was get some fresh air and have a few laughs.

Things turned out pretty well. We each got a big white sucker. I was much happier to catch mine than Tom was. I also landed the twenty pound carp in the photo. Needless to say, I'm happy I got the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment