Saturday, February 14, 2015

AC/DC and disposable income

On August 22 my favorite rock band is playing at Gillette Stadium. My favorite types of music are classic rock and country. AC/DC is by far my favorite musician/singer that I have never seen live. I just looked up tickets and the cheapest seats are 54 dollars after all fees. I didn't even worry about the more expensive seats.

Like everyone else, I have a certain amount of money at the end of a pay week to pay for things they want. Some people buy a case of beer. Some go to a nice restaurant. There's obviously many hobbies and there is no shortage of people that want to separate us from our money. Obviously, I spend a lot of money on fishing gear, hiking gear, and mostly on gas.

I will end up going to AC/DC. I really can't pass up seeing my favorite band. However, the day will cost over a hundred bucks if you add up tickets, parking, tailgating, and a drink in the stadium.

Here's the thing, maybe I am cheap, but I look at what else I can do with a hundred bucks. I can go to New Hampshire for a weekend for about seventy five dollars. I can have a great time for sixty hours for less than I can spend on a three hour concert.

 Before you get on me for whining, these are just thoughts. I will have a great time at the concert.  The point is I am careful what I spend my money on. I am always analysing money spent compared to fun had. I used to go to a couple Red Sox games a year. I realized, it just isn't worth it to me.I also used to go to a lot more concerts than I do now. I am a lot more judicious with my money.


No comments:

Post a Comment