Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Upcoming Outdoor Shows

We are upon the winter outdoor show season. There are quite a few shows in the southern/central MA and Rhode Island area. I missed the Rockingham (NH) Show last week.


Fly Fishing Show, Marlboro, MA       January 16, 17, 18                www.flyfishingshow.com

Providence Boat Show                         January 23,24, 25                 www.providenceboatshow.com

New England Fishing and outdoor Expo   Feb  6, 7, 8                        www.nefishingexpo.com
in Boxboro (formally Worcester)

Springfield Sportsmen Show                  Feb 19-22                           www.osegsportsmen.com

RISAA  Saltwater Fishing Show            Feb 27-Mar 1                        www.nesaltwatershow.com

There are a couple other shows  in the area, but these are the ones I have frequented. This year, I am going to the fly fishing show all day Friday.

I will most likely be going to the fishing shows in February. I will skip the boat show. Ironically, I think I will skip the best one this year. The RISAA show is far and away the best show of the ones listed. However, I am so disappointed in the state of the striper population. I think I'm going to spend a  lot more time hiking and freshwater fishing. The way I see it, striper fishing really hasn't been worth the effort. Because of this, I really don't need to buy any lures, and I doubt, I will learn at anything at seminars that I will put into practice this year.

If you have cabin fever then these shows will break the monotony of the winter, but they will make you wish for spring even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment