Wednesday, January 28, 2015

My First Time Snowshoeing



This fall I bought a pair of snowshoes. Until this week we had not had any measurable snow. Then Mother Nature decided to dump two feet of snow in 24 hours.  I had to shovel snow at work today. I got out of work about 3:30. I went home and scraped my driveway one more time.
I decided to take my snowshoes on their maiden voyage. I went to Wrentham State Forest because the parking area was plowed. I put on my gaiters and my snowshoes. Saying there was two feet of snow was no exaggeration. As I started down the unbroken trail, I was sinking down about a foot.

I hiked for about an hour. I had fun. It was a pretty good workout. It was getting dark as I came out of the woods. All in all, I had a good time. I plan on going again Thursday. I certainly plan on making snowshoeing part of my winter hobbies.







No comments:

Post a Comment