Sunday, January 11, 2015

Goals for 2015

At the beginning of every year, I come up with a series of goals for the upcoming year. I have been racking my brain, more this January than most to come up with ideas. I don't know why I seem to have less goals this year. Maybe in a week, I will think of ten ideas. I always reserve the right to add until the end of the month.

Two goals that I will not try for are;

1. I will not purposely try to catch a certain number of fish species. I'm not going to try for 30 species, or aim to break 32. If I feel the urge to fish for sea robins, it will be because I want to fish a beach not to add to a number.

2. Usually I try to reach a certain waterfall or fish a lake or two in New Hampshire. This year I am not going to do that. I'd rather come up with my plan for hikes the day before a trip or on the ride up. Why would I set an itinerary in January for a June hike? I'd rather the freedom of deciding last minute based on weather, my fitness level, and my mood than hike just to cross a waterfall off a predetermined list.

Without goals in the mountains, I fear this list will be shorter than normal. We will see if I think of more during the rest of the month.

1. Run a 5k.

2. Go to New Hampshire as many times as I can.

3. Fish for albies the second week of September.

4. When the weather is hot in mid summer and fishing slows down, do a few of the hikes I did this winter to see those areas with green leaves.

5. Smoke some trout.

6. If possible, fish for golden trout in May.

( I'm not going to write anything about
ice fishing or carp fishing. These are things I do anyway)

7. Go to the Basketball Hall of Fame.

8. Go to a drive in movie

9.Do a better job of keeping records. I did a good job of keeping records in 2013, but by the middle of 14, I slipped in my record keeping.

10..   to be continued???




No comments:

Post a Comment