Friday, November 14, 2014

Terrific carp fishing especially for November

One of the cooler looking carp today
My friend Dave and I talk almost everyday. Yesterday he told me about a terrific day that he had carp fishing. On a fairly warm day with a snowstorm coming he caught a mind blowing 20 carp. Knowing I had Friday off, he suggested we make tentative plans depending on the AM snow. When we got up the snow was over so we planned on leaving at 10;30.

I did not expect a repeat of yesterday. The weather conditions were what I consider to be the very worst fishing conditions possible. The wind was northwest and the temperature was twenty degrees colder than the previous day with two inches of snow thrown in. To be honest, I wouldn't have gone fishing if I was alone. I have been blanked so many times on a cold northwest that I usually hit a movie instead. None the less I hadn't seen my friend in a while so I was excited to go fishing anyway. I just did not have high expectations.

Very shortly after we got there, I caught a fish. As I was just getting it to shore my other alarm went off. The first fish was bigger going about 10 pounds. A few minutes later I caught another two more back to back. All told we ended up with eleven carp up to 12 pounds. This of course was a far cry from the twenty Dave caught alone yesterday. So much so that his blogpost tonight is titled "back to reality".

I, on the other hand, am jubilant over the fish we caught today. It was the most carp I caught in one session since May. It was by far the most carp I have caught in a "winter month". I really appreciate the fact Dave was willing to share his spot that he experimented and fished on his own. Since the time change, I really can't get out for daytime fishing except on my day off. To be dropped into great fishing like today, well, I simply am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment