Sunday, November 23, 2014

Mini Post- Little Things #1

I decided the other day, that I am going to do some mini posts on the blog. They are going to be about "little " pleasures in life. They won't be long. Most probably won't have pictures. I will write them whenever I have a cool experience not really worth writing about but cool to me. I might write about them five days in a row or not for five weeks. I am going to number them as I go, for no other reason than to go back and relive them. If you are a frequent visitor to this blog, you must be interested in fishing, hiking or history so hopefully you enjoy them. Feel free to share any of your favorite "little things" in the comments section.

#1 Thursday night I ate a little too much supper. I ate enough where I couldn't go for a run about 7 pm because it wasn't digested. It didn't mind because it was really cold, windy and I was being lazy. As the night went on, feeling lazy turned into feeling like a fat ass. The later it got the guiltier I felt about overeating. So at 9:45 almost roboticly I put on my sneakers and started stretching. I went outside and started my run. The air was cold and dry. The northwest wind blowing 26 degree air into my lungs made it tough to catch my breath.

After a short time, I warmed up of course. I was sweating under my winter hat but my nose was freezing. In short at 10:30 at night, I was not having fun and could not wait for my four mile run to be over.

With about ten minutes left into my run, I jogged into one of the darker areas of my neighborhood. I looked up into the sky and for the first time this winter I saw an old friend. High up in my southeast was Orion. He was bright. His belt shined bright as did the star in his front foot Betelgeuse. I was so mesmerized by the constillation, I forgot I was simutaniously hot and cold. I forgot I was sucking wind and my knees were hurting. I forgot all that and was happy to be outside with my old friend. For the rest of the run, I just staired into the sky looking at the sword, shield and belt in the bright stars. It was that little thing, a constilation that has been in the heavens for millions of yesrs that made my night worth it.. the little things

No comments:

Post a Comment