Saturday, August 23, 2014

Thirtieth Species of the Year

Fallfish
I apologize for not writing lately.  I still haven't bought a new computer. So when I post, it is by phone. As you can imagine, I don't want to be typing 1200 words one finger at a time.

I went to northern New Hampshire right to the Canadian border for a couple days of trout fishing. I will write more in the upcoming days but I did want to post this.

I have been at 29 species of fish caught for a couple weeks now. I purposely have avoided catfishing so I wouldn't catch a white cat. I was hoping for species 30 to be an albie or short of that a hickory shad.

Well that did not happen. While trout fishing I caught a bunch of fallfish, also known as chubs and dace. I am certainly glad to reach my goal of th
irty species for the year so I am not complaining. As a matter of fact I targeted fallfish three times earlier in the year.

Up north I caught at least two dozen. I'd have been just as happy to catch them as I would be trout if they were decent size. I caught one that was about 5 inches the rest were the size of a medium shiner. Although I'm thrilled to reach this year long goal, here's to hoping for 32 since I really want to catch albies and a year isn't complete without playing with hickory shad a few times.



No comments:

Post a Comment