Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Fishing with my friends Steph and Alyssa

A couple of my work buddies Steph and
Alyssa, who are inseparable best friends told me they have never gone fishing. We made plans to go years ago, but somehow it never worked out. We decided to try again this week.

We chose to go today, Wednesday. Sadly, the weather was not in our favor. It was hot and sunny, and we were to meet at 3 pm. Since neither Alyssa nor Steph had never even held a fishing pole, I figured the best percentages would be to use worms and bobbers.

After a quick tutorial on how to hold the rod, open the bail and cast, they started. Even though they didn't think so, they quickly picked up casting technique. I know some fishermen, that couldn't cast that well in a year of fishing.

After a few slow minutes, Steph struck first with a sunfish. Then not to be outdone by her bestie, Alyssa caught the next two. I am greatful they caught a couple fish, for worm/bobber fishing it was really slow.

For some reason, they thought I was annoyed with them. First, I enjoy teaching people to fish. Second, the girls were awesome. They put their own worm on, they held their own fish and they excepted advice. Despite slow action from non cooperative sunfish, I think all three of us had fun. I'm looking forward to going with them again.

,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment